The SEM Environment division designs, implements and manages projects that work in partnership with local communities to address environmental degradation in a sustainable manner. We recognize that poverty is a significant driver of environmental degradation and therefore work towards solutions that reverse poor land use practices by providing practical alternatives to meet essential needs of impoverished communities throughout Senegal.
- Provide a long-term solution to reverse deforestation in Senegal
- Provide a stable supply of sustainable energy in peri-urban areas of Senegal and, thus, reduce the country’s dependence on imported oil products
- Relieve some of the considerable financial pressure on households.
- Eliminate health risks linked to indoor-air pollution
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Solar Lamps
- Conservation Agriculture